Thursday, May 27, 2010
Crochet Baby Blanket
My sister is having a baby boy in September/October, so I decided to make her a baby blanket. I didn't want to quilt because I don't have a sewing machine. So I stood in the yarn and yarn supplies aisle at Walmart deciding if I should knit or crochet. Crochet uses only one needle instead of knitting's two, so crocheting it is! This is my first project. So much of the blanket is plain practice. Some of it could've (should've) been redone, but I just didn't have the heart to keep undoing stitches. I made up the pattern myself (as I went along) so it isn't straight and it was hard to put together at the end, but it is done and pretty cute for a first attempt .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
ok, that's an awesome blanket and I like the fact that it isn't straight. Good job!
Very cute. I love it.
Kelsey, that is so cute! I didn't know you could crotchet, and I'm also super impressed at your making up of the pattern as you went :) It looks good! Btw, if you ever need to use a sewing machine, you're more than welcome to come over and sew on mine!
That's an excellent first attempt! All I've successfully crocheted is a string
I could never make something like that up. Wow.
dude. beyond adorable. it's so perfect. if that were ruth-sized, i'd use it. also maybe swaddle myself in it.
Amazing! It wasn't that long ago we were there and you had just started the blanket! Wow!!! Your new little nephew will look handsome bundled in that blanket!
I am so impressed! I'm terrible at crocheting!
Very impressive. You seem to be a natural.
Super cute! I'm glad that it all worked out even with the little troubles.
Awesome work! You made the right choice, crocheting is much easier than knitting! :) Knitting is very frustrating until you're a pro. I LOVE your color choices! I'm so impressed you came up with a pattern yourself, too; definitely need to develop that talent (assuming you enjoyed yourself)!
I can't resist making a stiched blanket for Lisa either, so I'll make sure to steer clear of the colors you used! :)
Post a Comment