Saturday, July 5, 2014

Impromptu Family Reunion

Well, it the dates weren't impromptu, but the location was...

For three years, we've been planning on having the next reunion in Maryland, but I obviously was planning on opting out this time on account of being 8 1/2 months pregnant. It just didn't seem like a good idea to travel for 10 to 12 hours. But it worked for most everyone else. And my saintly mother was even planning on picking up my kids on her way, so I would have a child free week.
However,  a week before the reunion was supposed to start. My grandpa started bleeding internally and that caused a heart attack. And they couldn't find the source of the bleed for a while. After nearly a week in the hospital, his numbers started to look better, so he was sent home. But everyone was already changing their plans to move the reunion to Wisconsin (where my grandparents and parents live). Since it was much closer, I could go!
It was pretty crazy and quite crowded (thank heavens to a marvelous bishop who lent his home while he was out of town). The plans were really relaxed , but nearly everyone was still able to make it to the new location.
As usual, I was having too much fun to take pictures, but fortunately Ken got a good group shot.

 The grandkids and associated great grandkids.
(Joe, Brent, Phillip, Andrea,Caroline, Luke and Aidan not pictured)

Also, here is a cute shot of Rosie "fishing" with her Great Uncle Steven.

No comments: