So, lately there's been an issue with Rosie's diapers. Newborns should have mustard yellow, seedy poo. Rosie's, however, have been darker green and mucusy. This means (according to some reliable sources) that Rosie isn't tolerating the amount of dairy I am taking in. Since her symptoms aren't severe, I am trying to eliminate all dairy from my diet to see if that will help her little system. It may take a couple of weeks for things to start improving. Poor little girl!
Considering this is the Catholic season of Lent, I've decided this is sufficient to fulfill that tradition. It has been really hard to give up all the milk, butter, cheese and yogurt. You wouldn't believe how many things dairy is in! But I just keep reminding myself that I love my daughter more than cream cheese!
5 comments:
I did no dairy with Lydia for a while, too. Dairy is in everything! and I totally missed the cheese. Turns out she's fine with dairy, but I'm not... who knew?
My family has a food blog where I post a lot of my favorite recipes, and several of the more recent ones have no dairy - pfostpfood.blogspot.com.
Bummer! I hope it's just a fluke & you can go back to a normal diet soon. :( Make sure you pump up your protein & calcium from other sources, especially if you're still training/running! :)
You can do it you awesome momma you! I don't know if you like coconuts, but vanilla flavored coconut milk is actually kinda good. Feel better, Rosie!
Poor kiddo! Kuddos to you, giving up dairy would be so hard! If the dairy elimination doesn't seem to help, switching breasts too soon (if you're breast feeding) can also result in green mucky diapers. This website (http://www.justmommies.com/babies/green-frothy-stools-in-breastfed-babies) gives a pretty good explanation of why and is a good summary of what a lactation consultant said in one of my classes. Good luck!
Did I tell you one of my good friends has a kiddo allergic to milk? She has a ton of milk free recipes and I'm sorry I didn't call last week. life got crazy... We will hang out, when my kids aren't sick or your aren't or they are at least less sick...
Post a Comment