Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How to get crayon off a board book

I bought a book from DI last week that had crayon in it. I figured it wasn't a huge deal, but today I decided to see if there was a quick fix. I found tips on how to get crayon off walls and decided to give a few a try. I only wanted to try the ones that were easy and that I had the stuff for.
I first tried using a baby wipe.
No go. It just wiped the top. Maybe smudged it a bit.
Next I tried baking soda.
Lo, and behold!





Became...





Just mix a little bit of water with baking soda to make a paste and rub with a cloth onto the book. A light rub is all you need! Maybe this fix is common knowledge, but if it isn't perhaps it will brighten your day!

7 comments:

Jacob & Clarissa said...

Alright, I need more specific instructions here. What exactly did you do with the baking soda? Emily colors on everything, so this would be great to know!

RK said...

good to know. i'll have those nancy drew novels fixed up in a jiffy!

Annegirl said...

When Survivor first came out and they said you could bring one luxury item with you, I decided baking soda would definitely fit the bill. It is MIRACULOUS.

Kindt Family said...

Oooo that's cool to know. Magic Eraser will do it, too. :)

Marcia said...

Thanks for sharing a great tip - I can imagine it will come in handy when Jared comes to visit!

Katrina said...

Haven't I told you that baking soda fixes everything? I will give you your vacuum back as soon as I remember to do it when Jesse is home.

Mindy said...

I recently discovered the wonders of water and baking soda. It will clean the inside of your oven like nothing else! - Remember that when you have to move. When else does anyone clean their oven?! That's so exciting that Jared is crawling!