Sunday, April 19, 2015

Portland Part 2

Just a few short days later, Ruth and I returned to Portland because she hadn't the chance to see much before I had to return to some responsibilities on Monday.

Primarily, our visit was food based!
Voodoo doughnuts are great and it has that ultra-weird Portland vibe.

After a morning of shopping on 23rd street with Emily, we met up with Dave and the kids for food cart lunch. And there were some real hits! I got bulgogi and Ruth got a killer BLTGC (bacon lettuce tomato grilled cheese). And I wish I could've had more time and a bigger stomach to explore all the food on that one square block!

The crew

Hiking and more shopping followed by dinner at Besaw's. I highly recommend it!
We got to check out their kitchen garden out back!

And then we got like 6 or 7 desserts from down the street. Dave and Emily sure know how to pick 'em!

While I was off galavanting, Ken took care of all three kiddos! It was my first time away from Norah and a bit harder than I had anticipated. He is a good man and a supportive husband.

When I am gone, he serves dinners featuring ramen, french fries and pizzadillas. (Quesadillas with pepperoni)

The night before I returned, Emily and Ruth helped me dye my hair with some super organic, natural henna I'd bought earlier that day. I love returning with a surprise for Ken!

It was a blast to spend so much time with family and I think Ruth is convinced to live in the Northwest! I hope she finds her dream job nearby when she finishes school!

1 comment:

Christi said...

We live just outside Portland! Come visit next time!