Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Funny Things Jared Says

I love this age with Jared. We can have great conversations, but yet he gets enough mixed up to keep it interesting!

At our apartment, he referred to our balcony as the "airporch."

Plain yogurt is "yogurt as smooth as a river." I have no idea why.

A few weeks ago, I was walking with him to primary and he wouldn't hold my hand. He told me, "Mom, you can just watch me." And then he proceeded to walk 5 ft ahead of me.

He warns Ken extensively before he leaves to go anywhere- "Dad, be safe and careful. And don't drive to fast. Don't be dangerous and be safe and careful. And don't be gone forever." And in the car he is constantly telling me to slow down.

Ken told him that sometime he would get him a ice cream cone that had been dipped in chocolate- like a chocolate shell. Jared replied, "Ew, yuck. I don't eat beach shells. They're not food." We could not convince him that a chocolate shell was delicious.

Since he is not allowed to watch TV or movies (usually) until Rosie is napping in the afternoon, he has begun suggesting a nap for her starting around 9 in the morning.

He sometimes won't dance because he only thinks that married people can dance. And he is not married yet, so don't ask him.

He is obsessed with the word powerful. He can open heavy doors because he is so powerful!

Whenever we go by the patio furniture section at a department store, he says, "Mom, it looks like the beach!" And then he has to lounge for a bit.

The past is "last year" and the future is "tomorrow."

Occasionally, he accidentally calls nectarines "submarines."

When he does something a bit dangerous, he yells, "Mom, I'm not hurt or bleeding!"

4 comments:

Shanna Selin said...

Oh my goodness! He sounds just like Calvin!

David said...

I love that he tries to get Rosie to take a nap at 9 am so he can watch TV!!! Nathan tries to convince me that Nicole really really wants to watch movies even though she doesn't care.

Marcia said...

Those are precious conversations with Jared! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda Duke said...

I laughed when you said he will sometimes call nectarines "submarines." Eli can never remember the word hospital and continues to call it the "hosivader." It's like hospital and Darth Vader in one!