Monday, April 15, 2013

I love my job

I know I had a similar picture a few months ago, but I just couldn't pass by the pure joy in this picture.
I love what a do with my life right now. I love the two little people I spend my days with. I love their giggles and their logic and the way they need my cuddles when they cry. I love making up games and pretending. I love playing peek-a-boo the first two dozen times. I love seeing them discover new things in this world. I love hearing their screams from the next room!
Now, like any job, it is work. I wish the floor (and the table and the laundry) would clean itself and sometimes I can't stand being a playground set all day long and I do have a rough time being "on call" all of the time and being tugged at endlessly.
At the end of the day (when they are sleeping!), I feel satisfaction. We've got a nice slow rhythm to our lives that's flexible and can have just as much fun as we need. I hope I'm doing it right. Today, life is good.

3 comments:

kristen said...

What joy I have for all of you! Thank you for sharing!

Marcia said...

those are the days you WANT to remember and have over and over again! Yipeee!

Emily said...

I am pretty sure you are doing it right Kelsey!