We are almost done unpacking boxes after a big push last night. I am loving that I now know where (most of) my possessions are. But I don't want to move for a long time. It is certainly unpleasant on both ends. (Except the part before you move when you try to eat all your food- I loved that.)
Since I am nearing the end of this period, I will let myself complain just a little bit. Here is why I hate unpacking boxes:
- Chaos- every time you open one it feels like you are back at square one. This means no table or bed or walking space.
- Decisions- Being the head woman of the family, it has fallen upon me to decide where just about everything goes. This decision-making often spawns more decisions because of required rearranging, streamlining or additional purchasing.
- Children- I truly love mine, but having one arm for unpacking (fortunately only for the later boxes- Thank you Marcy!) or keeping a toddler away from breakables makes me want to just leave those boxes packed forever.
- Space- I am now certain I will never have enough of it.
3 comments:
Glad you're just about settled!
I actually enjoy the unpacking process the most of moving... I think. Mostly because I am crazy and want to get it all done and over with as soon as possible and not have to worry about it anymore (we've moved like 4 times since being married....). Our last move we had just about everything unpacked, minus picture frames to be hung and one or two other boxes, in about 3 days. But, moving overall is a pain in the rear and you never never have enough space!
I hate the unpacking part too. When we moved to Arizona I just stood in the kitchen for a hour not knowing where to begin and what to put where. But when the last box is unpacked it finally starts to feel like home.
Post a Comment