Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family Home Evening

Every Monday evening, we get together and have some family time. We teach Jared stories from the Bible and then play. This is what we did a few weeks ago.

We had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner (by Ken's request).

After song (Itsy Bitsy Spider) and prayer we had a post Christmas lesson about Jesus' Birth.


Then we played with animal magnets. Put them on, take them off again and again.





Then a couple of books, a bath and off to bed. It was awesome.
Oh, and for those of you who don't know, this happened on a day when Jared put half a tub of Vaseline in his hair. It was pretty messy, but I have it on good authority that maybe it'll soak into his scalp and give him great hair forever.

4 comments:

Amanda Duke said...

That's so funny. If my boys did that I would just buzz their hair off :)

Marcia said...

Love the spikey hair! That's so "in", you know!

Liz said...

Corn starch followed by dish soap. Rinse and repeat... Not that my son did that or anything...

You can see what I did step by step here:

http://ldspierce.net/?p=1441

Good luck!

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

By the way, did I mention that I found where the vaseline was after you left? It was over the play kitchen. I laughed and laughed, good times. Thanks for coming over and the great memory.