On one final look, Ken saw it. The ice cream that we've been pining for for many moons-
Limited Edition Girl Scout Cookie Samoa's Ice Cream.
On sale!
We'd only gotten it once before. May 2007.
Girl Scout cookie season was over and we'd missed our chance to stock up on some good flavors. But one night we found Samoa's Ice Cream. Smooth vanilla ice cream with ribbons of caramel and fudge and little cookie pieces. It is better than it's namesake cookie! We loved that ice cream- every last scoop of it.
But then it was gone.
We'd been looking for it for 22 months and were quickly losing all hope of ever tasting it again.
Today was a little dessert miracle.
We bought two cartons.
9 comments:
It's that good??? Hmmm, maybe we shouldn't try it- cause i definately know that I don't miss the yummie foods that i've never tried before....
Girl Scout Samoa's are my fav. I'm going to find this.
That picture is worth 1000 words. And you are right, that ice cream is AMAZING! I'm glad you splurged and bought 2 cartons. :)
Yum...love that ice cream! We've only found it down in Chicago...maybe we can find it closer to home one of these days!
Sweetness. Yesterday, I just tried my first Samoan cookie. And yes, it was..Amazing to say the least. You've got me ready to run out and find some myself!
p.s. how did the presentation go?
Oh Kelsey! I feel your joy (and pain, of missing the real cookies). But I have something amazing for you! HOMEMADE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE RECIPES!!! I've tried the Samoa ones already and they were FABULOUS! Enjoy!
Samoa Bars: http://bakingbites.com/2009/02/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-samoas-bars/
Samoa Cookies: http://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-samoas/
Thin Mints: http://bakingbites.com/2005/10/thin-minties/
Do-Si-Dos: http://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-do-si-dos/
Tagalongs: http://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-tagalongs/
OK, I'm going to the store today to get some! YUM!
Here's my pregnancy ice cream discovery : Kroger's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!!! It has by far the highest concentration of cookie dough per square inch of ice cream I've ever seen! Even though it seems like you shouldn't expect much from the off-brand, it's incredibly delicious!
Derrick and I tried it awhile ago and it was amazing! Samoa's are definitely the best Girl Scout cookie.
Post a Comment